This is quick post to let you all know about a new Facebook group available for fans of my books. Up until now, there hasn’t been an easy place to go once you’ve finished the Sensor Series or Dragon’s Breath Series novels to discuss it with fellow readers. I thought it was about time to change that.
One reason I haven’t done this before is that I don’t have time to run it myself, and I didn’t feel right about it anyway because it should be a place where you can hold discussions freely without my involvement. Thankfully, I found two awesome ladies (Rachel and Sarah) who follow both my series and were happy to run it for me. They are also part of the team that helps with brainstorming for my novel covers and planning the cover model photo shoots. They know my books well, and I’m confident they’ll make great moderators. I will stop by once in a while for special posts and Q&A sessions, but other than that it’s all for the readers.
The title of this post may have tipped you off on the name of the group. After much thought and consideration, we went with “Susan Illene’s Dark Avengers“. We tried a lot of different ideas in an attempt to find something that didn’t favor one of my series over the other, and for whatever reason that one stuck with us the most. It’s catchy. Just go with it 🙂
Things to expect with the group
- Sneak peeks at covers before they’re revealed anywhere else
- Exclusive giveaways
- Early snippets from upcoming books
- Character highlights before the next novel releases to help refresh your memory on who they are and where they were at the last time you saw them.
- Reminders for when books release in various formats (ebook, audio, paperback)
- Q&A sessions with me
- Group discussions of my books before and after releases (anything with spoilers will be marked accordingly for those who may not be caught up)
- A chance to hang out with like-minded readers
There are probably more things I’m not remembering to list right now, but you get the basic idea. This will be a closed group with two moderators who will post regular topics and help keep things civil so you can feel comfortable there. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, and you want to join the Dark Avengers, the link is below. The moderators will be checking in regularly to approve new members and welcome you to the group!